Since its founding in 1912 in St. Marys, Ontario by John Lind and Alfred Rogers, St Marys Cement has been a major producer of cementitious materials in the Great Lakes Region. With six plants strategically located to serve Canadian and US customers and a production capacity over five million metric tonnes, St Marys Cement participated in such landmark projects as the CN Tower, Roy Thompson Hall, Maple Leaf Gardens and the Darlington Nuclear Station, as well as countless other engineering, civic and residential projects that significantly contributed to the growth and prosperity of the region.Today, in the dynamic international business environment, St Marys Cement is part of Group Votorantim -- a diversified Brazilian conglomerate with operations in cement, pulp & paper, aluminum and metals, film, chemicals, agricultural products, financial services, energy and international trade. One of the largest cement producers in the world, Votorantim Cimentos operates 25 cement plants in the Americas and has a combined capacity of 28 million metric tonnes per annum.
St Marys Cement symbolizes a long heritage of excellence and commitment. St Marys Cement manufactures a variety of cement for different purposes - normal, high-early strength, low heat hydration, sulphate-resisting as well as other supplementary cementitious products - in bulk and as bagged product. Products are rigorously tested to meet the high standards demanded by today's dynamic construction needs.In 1912, cement was carted from the St Marys Plant through horse-drawn carriages. Today, distribution is accomplished through a sophisticated network of terminals throughout the Great Lakes Region, serviced by barge, rail and truck.